Monday, July 11, 2011

Biking through the Back Roads

Beautiful weather again this weekend.  I brought along my camera on a leisurely bike ride through some  back roads of the Hamptons.  Thought I'd share a few of the pleasing sights during my tour.

The Hamptons back roads are where the past and present merge.  Where cottages and castles mingle with croplands.  Where cultivars profusely bloom in landscaped gardens while wildflowers fend for themselves in adjacent fields.  I tend to like the charm of smaller properties, but admit that I get a lot of garden inspiration from larger estates as well.

I love to bike and there's a lot more to see so stay tuned.

Enchanting cottage garden
Managed grasslands frame a modern house



Mature trees shade a grand old summer house

Enviable water views

Country charm near the beach

Gorgeous new traditional
Crops and castles mingle

No comments: